Major research interests of the lab include solid mechanics, mechanical behavior of polymers, constitutive modeling of polymers, biomaterials, and composite materials.
Current projects include:
- Modeling strain-induced crystallization in poly(ethylene terephthalate) to simulate the reheat stretch blow molding process.
- Modeling the mechanical behavior of thermoplastics near the glass transition temperature.
- Investigating surface characteristics in thermoplastics manufacturing: experiments and finite element simulations of micro-hot embossing.
- Mechanical characterization of human brain tissue including a comparison of normal and cancerous tissue.
- Mechanical characterization of human liver tissue in collaboration with the Injury Biomechanics Research Lab.