- Ph.D. Dissertation, Micro/Nanoscale Differential Wear and Corrosion of Multiphase Materials,William W. Scott , June 2001
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Contact Mechanics of MultiLayered Rough Surfaces in Tribology, Wei Peng, September 2001
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Micro/Nanoscale Tribology and Mechanics of Components and coatings for MEMS, Sriram Sundararajan, November 2001
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Nanometer Scale Electrical Characterization of Thin Dielectric Films, David T. Lee, May 2002
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Micro/Nanoscale Tribology of Linear Tape Drives, Anton V. Goldade, September 2003
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Nanotribological Investigations of Materials, Coatings, and Lubricants for Nanotechnology Applications at High Sliding Velocities, Nikhil S. Tambe, March 2005
- Ph.D. Dissertation, 3D Numerical Modeling of Dry/Wet Contact Mechanics for Rough, Multilayered Elastic–Plastic Solid Surfaces and Effects of Hydrophilicity/Hydrophobicity During Separation with Applications, Shaobiao Cai, February 2008
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Natural and Biomimetic Artificial Surfaces for Superhydrophobicity, Self-Cleaning, Low Adhesion, and Drag Reduction, Yong Chae Jung, November 2009
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Study of Nanobubble and Substrate Interaction and Measurement of Slip Length at Solid Liquid Interfaces, Yuliang Wang, December 2009
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Nanotribological Properties of Skin, Wei Tang, 2010
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Nanoscale and Macroscale Characterization of the Dielectric Charging Phenomenon and Stiction Mechanisms for Electrostatic MEMS/NEMS Reliability, Usama Zaghloul Heiba, September 2011.
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Multi-scale Characterization Studies of Aged Li-ion Battery Materials for Improved Performance, Shrikant Nagpure, December 2011.
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Bioinspired Surface for Low Drag, Self-Cleaning, and Antifouling: Shark Skin, Butterfly and Rice Leaf Effects, Gregory Bixler, December 2013.
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Study of the Relation Between Electric Field and the Drag of Liquid Flow on a Solid Surface in Micro/Nanoscale, Pan Yunlu, June 2014.
- Surface Modification of Silicon and PDMS Surfaces with Vapor Phase Deposited Ultrathin Fluoropolymer and Fluorosilane Films for Biomedical Micro/Nanoelectromechanical System Applications, Kang Kug Lee, March 2005
- Surface Characterization, Adhesion and Friction Properties of Hydrophobic Leaf Surfaces and Nanopatterned Polymers for Superhydrophobic Surfaces, Zachary Burton, June 2005
- Nanotribological Characterization of Human Hair and Skin Using Atomic Force Microscopy, Carmen LaTorre, June 2005
- Magnetic and Tribological Evaluation of Advanced Metal Evaporated Tapes in an Advanced Linear Tape Drive, Anthony D. Alfano, March 2006
- Effects of Operating Parameters on Lateral Tape Motion for Magnetic Tape in an Advanced Linear Tape Drive, Andrew Wright, May 2006
- Effect of Magnetic Tape Thickness on Durability and Lateral Tape Motion Measurement and Modeling in a Linear Tape Drive, Thomas Hayes IV, August 2006
- Wetting Behavior and Surface Potential Characteristics of Human Hair, Richard A. Lodge, November 2006
- Adhesion, Friction, and Wear on Nanoscale of MWNT Probes and CNT Arrays, Barbara Galasso, September 2007
- New Delay‐Integration Method for Measurement of Lateral Tape Motion and Study of Tape Performance Under High Speed Conditions, Derek Petrek, November 2007
- In-Situ Tensile Deformation and Surface Charging Characterization of Human Hair with Atomic Force Microscopy, Indira P. Seshadri, April 2008
- Nanoscale Interface Studies of a Microprojector and Water Fern, James N. Hunt, May 2011
- The Effect of Shark Skin Inspired Riblet Geometries on Drag in Rectangular Duct Flow, Brian D. Dean, July 2011
- Nanoscale Adhesion, Friction and Wear of Proteins on Polystyrene, Jason Utter, September 2012
- Nanoscale Characterization of Aged Li-Ion Battery Cathodes, Sanjay Ramdon, August 2013